These Woven Washcloths are a great stash-buster; using just a handful of yarn, you can make a stack of these in no time at all!
• Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Example made with Red Heart Yarns Crème de la Crème and Hobby Lobby I Love This Cotton
• Hook: G (for a nice, tight tension)
• Finished washcloth measures approximately 6″ wide x 6.25″ long
• Ch: Chain
• St / Sts: Stitch / Stitches
• Sl St: Slip Stitch
• Sc: Single Crochet
• Dc: Double Crochet
- Color Changes are not indicated; please use your favorite methods to change color. To mimic the examples shown: Rows 1-6 = Color A, Rows 7-12 = Color B, Rows 13-18 = Color C.
- This pattern can be made in a size of your choosing; chain any multiple of 2 , then assure your rows end on an even number. For a perfect square, assure length is the same measurement as width.
Woven Washcloth | 6″ x 6″ Pattern Instructions
Row 1: Sc into second Ch from hook (skipped Ch does not count as a St), [Dc into following St, Sc into next] across length of Ch – 21 Sts.
Row 2: Ch 2 (not a St), turn, [Dc into first St, Sc into next] across length of Ch – 21 Sts.
Row 3: Ch 1 (not a St), turn, [Sc into first St, Dc into next] across length of Ch – 21 Sts.
Rows 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18: Repeat Row 2, fasten after last row worked
Rows 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17: Repeat Row 3
Border: Attach yarn onto side of washcloth (into an odd row end), Ch 1 (not a St), work 2 Sc into every odd end row across (for both sides), work 3 Sc into each corner, work 2 Sc into every other St on Row 1 and Row 18, Sl St to top of first Sc to join, fasten.