These Textured Washcloths are a great stash-buster; using simple stitches, and just a handful of yarn, you can make a stack in no time at all!
• Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Example made with Lion Brand Yarns Kitchen Cotton
• Hook: H, or size needed to meet gauge
• Finished washcloth measures approximately 6″ wide x 6″ long
• Ch: Chain
• St / Sts: Stitch / Stitches
• Sl St: Slip Stitch
• Sc: Single Crochet
• Sc2Tog: Single Crochet two stitches together (decrease)
- Color Changes are not indicated; please use your favorite methods to change color.
- This pattern can be made in a size of your choosing; chain any multiple of 2 + 1 , then assure your rows end on an even number. For a perfect square, assure length is the same measurement as width.
Textured Washcloth | 6″ x 6″ Pattern Instructions
Row 1: Skip 1 Ch (skipped Ch does not count as a St), [Sc2Tog, Ch 1] across length of Ch – 22 Sts.
Row 2: Ch 1 (not a St), turn, [Sc2Tog, Ch 1] across length of Ch – 22 Sts.
Repeat row 2 until 18 rows complete, fasten.
Border: Attach yarn into any corner of washcloth). For each corner: Work 3 Sc. For first and last rows: Ch 1, skip 1 St, Sc. For each side: Ch 1, skip 1 row, Sc. Sl St to top of first Sc to join, fasten.